Hogan Lovells advised UBS AG, Hong Kong Branch (“UBS”) and Deutsche Bank AG, Hong Kong Branch as the joint placing agents in respect of a placement of 121.9 million new H shares in BYD Company Limited (“BYD”) for approximately HK$4.27 billion (US$550.5 million).
BYD is a leading PRC manufacturer specialising in the IT, automobile and new energy sectors. The company is one of the largest suppliers of rechargeable batteries and is the second largest producer of cell-phone shells worldwide. BYD is a listed company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Hogan Lovells has previously advised UBS on a number of its capital markets transactions in Hong Kong, including the US$199 million Hong Kong IPO and Rule 144A placing of Times Property Holdings Limited and on the rights issue of G-Resources Group Limited.
The team was led by Hong Kong partner Terence Lau and supported by partner Thomas Tarala, consultant Nelson Tang, senior associate Priscilla Lee and associate Don Chan.
- Davis Polk – Fantasia Holdings Group Co., Limited CNY600 Million High-Yield Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Limited $100 Million High-Yield Senior Notes Offering
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on Largest Indonesian IPO in 2016 to Date
- Jones Day Welcomes M&A Partner Charles Chau in Hong Kong