International law firm Ince & Co Singapore LLP together with Incisive Law LLC advised GE Capital Services Pte. Ltd., one of the world’s leading providers of credit, on a facility to provide a US$23.4 million secured credit to Miclyn Express Offshore.
The credit facility has been used to refinance an existing credit facility for Samson Maritime Holdings Pty Ltd, a company fully acquired by Miclyn in December 2011.
Ince & Co partner Martin Brown, who heads the firm’s finance department in Singapore led the team that advised on the transaction which involved English, Singapore, Australian, Panamanian and Bermudan law.
The Ince Law Alliance undertook a range of advisory work for the refinancing which was completed in conjunction with a restructuring of the Samson Maritime Group following its acquisition by Miclyn.
Martin Brown comments: “I believe GE Capital valued our expertise and knowledge of the offshore sector in which Miclyn and Samson operate and this was a telling factor in the successful arrangement.”
Martin adds: “The Ince Law Alliance team is delighted to have acted for GE Capital in this transaction and we were able to build up a strong working relationship quickly.”
The Ince & Co finance team has a strong reputation advising on numerous transactions in the shipping and offshore oil and gas sectors, particularly on complex structured finance transactions and general asset-related instructions.
- Ince Law Alliance Advises Vision Drilling on Its New US$205 million Jack Up Rig
- White & Case Advises CHAMP Private Equity Pte Ltd on Acquisition of 33.2% Stake in Miclyn Express Offshore
- Mayer Brown JSM Advised IFC Development Limited in a HK$10 Billion Syndicated Term Loan Facility
- Clifford Chance Strengthens Finance Practice with Senior Maritime Expert
- Ince & Co Opens Office in Beijing