Earlier this month, HK Electric Investments and HKEIL announced the launch Hong Kong Public Offering of 4,426,900,000 share stapled units, approximately 50.1% of the total number in issue following the completion of the reorganisation and the Global Offering. The Public Offering, the biggest in Hong Kong since 2010, closed on 21 January.
Freshfields acted as legal counsel to the lenders.
Richard Mazzochi, head of King & Wood Mallesons’ Banking & Finance practice in Hong Kong who led the transaction commented, “We’re delighted to be involved in assisting HK Electric on this matter. Transactions of this magnitude and importance are a key barometer for the broader health of the market, and I’m confident this signals a strong year ahead.”
King & Wood Mallesons has a total of over 2,700 lawyers globally, of which 1,800 are based in the Asia Pacific region. King & Wood Mallesons is the only law firm network in the world licensed to practise PRC, English, Hong Kong, Australian and other international law.
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Underwriters on Chi-Med’s US Initial Public Offering
- Simmons & Simmons Expanding Asia Corporate & Commercial Practice
- Jones Day Adds Two New Energy Partners in Beijing
- Allen & Overy Bolsters Asia Pacific Capital Markets Practice with China-focused U.S. Hire in Hong Kong
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Propertylink Advised on a Successful IPO, Raising A$503.5 Million