After completion of the voluntary conditional offer, Great Wall Technology Company Limited will apply for the voluntary withdrawal of H shares from The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited. China Great Wall Computer Group Company and Great Wall Technology Company Limited will then be merged and absorbed by China Electronics Corporation in accordance with PRC company law and other applicable PRC laws.
King & Wood Mallesons advised on both the PRC and Hong Kong law aspects of the transaction.
The Hong Kong team was led by partner Sheldon Tse and supported by Nicolle Leung. The PRC team was led by partners Gong Mulong and Jiao Fugang and supported by Lin Zhijun and Zhang Yanan.
Tse commented, “This is an important step for China Electronics Corporation to streamline its group structure and to enhance its operating efficiencies. We’re glad to have been able to mobilise our unique cross-border capability and presence to assist on this transaction.”
China Electronics Corporation and China Great Wall Computer Group Company are PRC state-owned enterprises. China Electronics Corporation is a leading national electronics and information technology enterprise administered by the PRC government and China Great Wall Computer Group Company is the direct controlling shareholder of Great Wall Technology Company Limited, a company whose shares are listed on the Main Board of The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited.
King & Wood Mallesons has a total of over 2,700 lawyers globally, of which 1,800 are based in the Asia Pacific region. King & Wood Mallesons is the only law firm network in the world licensed to practise PRC, English, Hong Kong, Australian and other international law.
- Kirkland & Ellis Advises Ally Bridge Group on Privatization Offer for Hong Kong-listed Shandong Luoxin Pharmaceutical Group
- Pillsbury Welcomes Renowned Patent Lawyer to Intellectual Property Practice
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Jones Day Welcomes M&A Partner Charles Chau in Hong Kong
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering