Al Madina Investment has announced the arrangement of the first corporate Sukuk (Islamic bond) in Oman for Tilal Development Company (TDC). The Sukuk has an issue size of OMR50 million and is based on the Ijarah structure.
As an obligor in the structure, TDC has registered a special purpose vehicle in Oman under the name of Modern Sukuk to facilitate the issuance. Proceeds will be utilised in the expansion of TDC’s unique flagship project – the Tilal Complex, a mixed-use development in Oman comprised of residential, retail and business space.
The Sukuk has been rated BBB+ by Capital Intelligence and will pay a five percent profit rate per annum over its five year tenure.
- Chadbourne Advises Consortium on US$300 Million Independent Water Project in Oman
- White & Case Advises Lenders on US$6.4 Billion Liwa Plastic Industries Complex in Oman
- Ben Bruton and Nick Sharratt Join Winston & Strawn in Dubai
- Dentons Appoints New Corporate Partner In Muscat
- Morgan Lewis Adds Asset Management, Corporate & M&A Partner Edward Bennett in Singapore