Global legal practice Norton Rose Fulbright has advised The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited (HSBC) as the sole manager in the disposal of shares of Want Want China Holdings (Want Want) by Uni-President China Holdings Ltd.
Uni-President China Holdings Ltd. purchased the shares of Want Want in 2008, and the disposal constitutes the block sale of 46,261,000 shares in Want Want. Following this disposal, Uni-President China Holdings Ltd. disposed all of its current holding in Want Want.
Uni-President China Holdings, a subsidiary of Uni-President Enterprises Corporation, is one of the leading beverage and instant noodle manufacturers in China. Want Want China Holdings Limited is an investment holding company that engages in the manufacture, distribution, import, export, and sale of food and beverages.
The team was led by Norton Rose Fulbright Hong Kong Corporate partners Psyche Tai and Andrew Bleau, assisted by associates Vicky Lam and Marco Cheng.
The total consideration is approximately HK$509 million and the transaction closed on 3 September 2013.
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises Mitsui & Co., Ltd. on Its Participation in the Acquiring Consortium
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on USD 1.7 Billion Financing for Emirates NBD
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on ‘Multiple Firsts’ in Major Solar Energy Transaction
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Financiers on $1.69 Billion Karot Hydropower Project
- Reed Smith Expands Corporate Practice in Beijing