Paul Hastings, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm advised Hanjin International Corporation (“Hanjin”) on its issuance of the US$300 million floating rate notes (“notes”). The Reg S-registered notes were guaranteed by state-owned Export-Import Bank of Korea. BNP Paribas and HSBC were the joint bookrunners of the offering.
Hanjin is the U.S.-based subsidiary of Korean Air Lines Co., Ltd, the flagship airline of South Korea. The proceeds from the offering will be used for the construction of a 70-story office and hotel tower developed by Hanjin in downtown Los Angeles.
The Paul Hastings team was led by capital markets partner Dong Chul Kim, with support from associates Steve Kang and Young Hwan Ryu. Partner Alexander Lee and associate Amy Lawrence advised on U.S. tax matters.
- Paul Hastings Advises on Yihai International’s Hong Kong IPO Offering
- Paul Hastings – China Life Acts as Lead Investor in GLP’s US$4.5 Billion U.S. Logistics Portfolio Acquisition
- Holman Fenwick Willan Grows International Construction Practice With Partner Hire
- HFW Continues to Grow Australian Projects Capability
- Dentons Advises Bank of Sharjah on Establishment of Its EMTN Programme and US$500 Million Issuance