Paul Hastings, a leading global law firm, announced today that it is advising MISUMI Group Inc., (“MISUMI”) on its US$200 million acquisition of all shares in the largest die components maker in the U.S., Dayton Progress Corporation (“Dayton”) and the components business (“AD Components Business”) of Canada’s The Anchor Danly Company. Both companies are owned by Connell Limited Partnership of Boston.
MISUMI is a Japan-based manufacture company operating in four business segments including die components, factory automation, electronics and tools and consumables.
The acquisition will strengthen MISUMI’s market position as a leading global supplier of die components by exploiting Dayton and AD Components Business’ solid U.S. and Europe customer bases.
Paul Hastings leveraged its global platform to execute this cross-border acquisition transaction for MISUMI with lawyers from Paul Hastings’ Tokyo, Chicago, Washington D.C. San Diego, Frankfurt and Shanghai offices working together.
M&A partners Hajime Kanagawa and Toshiyuki Arai led the Paul Hastings team in Japan, with support from associates Yuji Nakano and Achika Iwanaga. Chicago-based M&A partners Christopher Sheaffer and Brian Richards advised in the U.S. with support from associate Joydeep Dasmunshi. Tax partner Ziemowit Smulkowski, International Trade partner Scott Flicker, Antitrust partner Scott Hataway, IP associateTodd Schneider, Shanghai-based partner Lu Yi and Frankfurt-based associate Christian Mock also advised on the transaction.
- Paul Hastings Advises Aeon on Buyout of Warner Mycal from Warner Bros.
- Paul Hastings Advises Kobe Steel in its Equity Investment in China’s Wuxi Compressor Co. Ltd.
- Paul Hastings Advising ABC-Mart, Inc. in US$138M Acquisition of Lacrosse Footwear, Inc.
- PAUL HASTINGS ADVISES GE AVIATION ON AIRCRAFT ENGINE COMPONENTS JOINT VENTURE IN JAPAN
- Paul Hastings Advises Japanese Amusement Ride Company Sansei Yusoki on U.S. Acquisition