Global law firm White & Case LLP, through its Moscow, Milan and Almaty offices, has advised Recordati, a European pharmaceutical group listed on the Italian Stock Exchange, on the acquisition of all rights to five product lines in the Russian and the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS).
The over-the-counter pharmaceuticals and dietary supplements include Alfavit, Qudesan, Vetoron, Focus and Carnitone. The value of the transaction is RUB 2.7 billion (approximately EUR 67 million). The transaction is expected to close by year end, subject to various conditions.
Headquartered in Milan, Italy, Recordati has operations in Europe, Central and Eastern Europe, and Turkey. The company’s representatives promote a wide range of innovative pharmaceuticals, both proprietary and under license, in a number of therapeutic areas including a specialized business dedicated to treatments for rare diseases.
The White & Case team was led by partners Hermann Schmitt (Moscow), Andrei Dontsov (Moscow), Ferigo Foscari (Milan) and Maxim Telemtayev (Almaty). They were supported by Moscow-based associates Vladimir Romanov, Lucy Spencer, Konstantin Bochkarev, Victoria Gorbunova, Timur Odilov, Kamilla Shikhametova, Ekaterina Palagina, Olga Raspopina, Audrey Coker, Daria Plotnikova, Ksenia Pozdnyakova and Yevgeniy Ibragimov.
- White & Case Advises on Kazakhstan Temir Zholy B.V.’s US$800 Million Bond Offering
- White & Case Advises UniCredit on Russian Automotive Bank Joint Venture
- White & Case Advises on US$400 Million High-Yield Offering by MIE Holdings
- White & Case Expands Russia Practice with Three New Partners
- White & Case Advises on US$1.6 Billion of High Yield Debt Offerings