Paul Hastings, a leading global law firm, announced today that it represented Vista Land & Lifescapes, Inc. (“Vista Land”), the largest homebuilder in the Philippines, on its issuance of US$100 million 6.75% guaranteed notes due 2018 (the “Notes”).
UBS AG, CLSA Limited and The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited were Joint Lead Managers and Joint Bookrunners. BDO Capital &
Investment Corporation was the Domestic Lead Manager.
The proceeds of the Notes will be used to partially finance Vista Land’s capital expenditures and for general corporate purposes.
In May 2013, in anticipation of this offering, Paul Hastings advised Vista Land on the amendment of its outstanding US$153 million guaranteed notes due 2015 through a consent solicitation. UBS AG was the sole solicitation agent.
The Paul Hastings team advising on both the consent solicitation and the Notes issuance was led by partners Patricia Tan Openshaw, Steven Winegar and James Cole, with support from associates Jordan Baggs, Katherine Watlington and Josefina Bautista.
The completion of these transactions demonstrates Paul Hastings’ ability to execute multi-jurisdictional securities transactions with joint English and New York law expertise, in this case, in liability management and high yield issuance. These transactions are part of our expanding practice in growth markets across Asia, Latin America and EMEA.
- Dentons Advises Bank of Sharjah on Establishment of Its EMTN Programme and US$500 Million Issuance
- Paul Hastings Advises on Yihai International’s Hong Kong IPO Offering
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering
- Paul Hastings – China Life Acts as Lead Investor in GLP’s US$4.5 Billion U.S. Logistics Portfolio Acquisition