Paul Hastings, a leading global law firm, announced today that it is representing Samsung Electronics, a world leader in advanced semiconductor solutions, in a US$1.5 billion private share redemption transaction with Seagate Technology, a world leader in hard disk drives and storage solutions. Following the transaction, Samsung Electronics will continue to own approximately 12.5 million shares of Seagate Technology.
Paul Hastings has advised Samsung Electronics on a number of its significant outbound investments and acquisitions over the past few years. In 2011, Paul Hastings advised on the award-winning and multi-jurisdictional US$1.4 billion sale of Samsung Electronics’ hard disk drive (HDD) business to Seagate Technology.
This transaction involves multi-jurisdictional support from lawyers in our Korea, U.S. and U.K. offices. The Paul Hastings Seoul team is being led by partners Daniel Sae-Chin Kim and Dong Chul Kim, with support from associate Steve Kang. Partner Jeff Hartlin and associate Samantha Eldredge in Palo Alto, as well as partner Garrett Hayes in London are providing additional support.
- Paul Hastings – China Life Acts as Lead Investor in GLP’s US$4.5 Billion U.S. Logistics Portfolio Acquisition
- Paul Hastings Advises on Yihai International’s Hong Kong IPO Offering
- Paul, Weiss Adds Two Leading Corporate Partners in Hong Kong and Beijing, Names Jeanette Chan as Managing Partner
- Clyde & Co adds leading Intellectual Property team in China
- Pillsbury Welcomes Renowned Patent Lawyer to Intellectual Property Practice