Paul Hastings, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm advised Sino-Ocean Land Holdings Limited (“Sino-Ocean Land”), one of the largest real estate companies in China, whose shares are listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, on a 3-year multi-currency term loan facility in the principal amount of approximately US$800 million-equivalent, with US dollar and HK dollar tranches.
The facility will be provided by a syndicate of more than 10 banks with Bank of China (Hong Kong) Limited, Agricultural Bank of China Limited Hong Kong Branch, The Bank of East Asia, Limited, China Construction Bank (Asia) Corporation Limited, BNP Paribas Hong Kong Branch, DBS Bank Ltd., The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, Hang Seng Bank Limited and Wing Lung Bank Limited as mandated lead arrangers. Proceeds from the facility will be used to refinance an existing term loan facility and to finance its general working requirements, including its real estate development projects in China.
The Paul Hastings team has previously advised Sino-Ocean Land on a number of transactions including the landmark issue by its subsidiary of the US$900 million perpetual subordinated convertible securities in 2010, US$400 million perpetual subordinated capital securities issuance in 2011, and US$600 million multi-currency term loan facility in 2012.
The Paul Hastings team was led by partner Vivian Lam, with support from associates Erika Wan and May Lun.
- Paul Hastings Advises on Yihai International’s Hong Kong IPO Offering
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Jones Day Welcomes M&A Partner Charles Chau in Hong Kong
- Milbank Advises Lenders in $4.3 Billion Indonesia Power-Generation Project
- Norton Rose Fulbright Advises on USD 1.7 Billion Financing for Emirates NBD