Paul Hastings, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm is representing ABC-Mart, Inc., a Tokyo, Japan-based publicly-traded shoe retailer, in its US$138 million cash tender offer for all of the outstanding equity of LaCrosse Footwear, Inc. (Nasdaq: BOOT), a Portland, Oregon-based provider of premium, branded footwear.
ABC-MART, whose stock is traded on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, is a leading shoe retailer in Japan, operating approximately 800 stores throughout Japan, South Korea and Taiwan. LaCrosse Footwear, whose stock is traded on The NASDAQ Global Market, is a leading provider of premium, branded footwear for work and outdoor users, with its iconic Danner® and LaCrosse® brands being sold throughout the United States, Canada, Europe and Asia.
Paul Hastings leveraged its global platform, with lawyers from Paul Hastings’ Tokyo, San Diego, Los Angeles, DC, and Paris offices working together to execute this cross-border acquisition transaction for ABC-Mart.
M&A partners Hajime Kanagawa and Toshiyuki Arai led the Paul Hastings team in Japan, with associates Achika Iwanaga and Kota Kikuchi andYuji Nakano. Paul Hastings’ Global M&A chair and partner Carl Sanchezled the Paul Hastings U.S. team, which also included Antitrust partnerScott Hataway, of counsel James Holden, Litigation partner Scott Flicker, Tax partner Alexander Lee, and senior associates Elizabeth Razzano, Todd Schneider, Melissa Garcia, Ryan Enchelmayer, Amy Lawrence, Ellen Walz Holmes and Kevin Reyes. Litigation partner Pierre Kirch advised on the EU anti-competition matters related to the transaction.
- Paul Hastings Advises Aeon on Buyout of Warner Mycal from Warner Bros.
- Herbert Smith Advises Citigroup and DBS on US$148m IPO of Hongguo International Holdings Limited
- Paul Hastings Advises MISUMI Group on Acquisition of Largest Die Components Maker in the U.S.
- Paul Hastings Advises Chinatrust in the Cross-Border Acquisition Financing of Trimco
- Paul Hastings Advises Japanese Amusement Ride Company Sansei Yusoki on U.S. Acquisition