Shearman & Sterling advised Credit Suisse as the sole global coordinator and Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank and ING as the joint bookrunners in connection with the offering of US$200 million in aggregate principal amount of 11.625% Senior Notes due 2018 by Vingroup Joint Stock Company (“Vingroup”), unconditionally and irrevocably guaranteed by certain of Vingroup’s subsidiaries.
The transaction represents the first-ever US$-denominated bond offering by a Vietnamese corporation.
Vingroup is the largest listed real estate and tourism, hospitality development and management company in Vietnam by market capitalization, and is one of the largest listed companies in Vietnam.
The following Shearman & Sterling team advised the sole global coordinator and the joint bookrunners in the transaction: partner Kyungwon (Won) Lee (Hong Kong-Capital Markets), counsel Hae-Ran Song (Hong Kong-Capital Markets) and associate Minsoo Kwon (Hong Kong-Capital Markets). Counsel Eileen O’Pray (Palo Alto-Tax) advised on tax aspects.
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Underwriters on Chi-Med’s US Initial Public Offering
- Shearman & Sterling Advises on PT Cikarang Listrindo’s Indonesia IPO Offering
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Financiers on $1.69 Billion Karot Hydropower Project
- Shearman & Sterling Advises on Japan Nuclear Fuel Limited’s Investment in France’s New AREVA Holding
- Shearman & Sterling Expands China M&A Outbound Practice With Return of Li Chen