Shearman & Sterling acted as US counsel to Olympus Corporation in its $1.2 billion international offering of shares of common stock pursuant to Rule 144A and Regulation S.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Olympus is a global precision technology leader in designing and delivering innovative solutions via medical and surgical products and other product areas, including life science and industrial products and imaging products such as digital cameras. The company expects to use the proceeds from the offering to further its growth strategies by further strengthening its medical business and rebuilding its financial health.
The Shearman & Sterling team included Tokyo-based partner Masahisa Ikeda (Tokyo-Capital Markets), counsel Toshiro Mochizuki (Tokyo-Capital Markets) and associates Joe M. Sasanuma (Tokyo-Capital Markets), Kenji Strait (Tokyo-Mergers & Acquisitions) and Yohei Nakagawa (Tokyo-Capital Markets). Other lawyers on this transaction include partner Lorna Chen (Hong Kong-Investment Funds), counsel Eileen O’Pray (Palo Alto-Tax) and associates Liyong Xing (Hong Kong-Investment Funds) and Mak Judge (London-Financial Institutions Advisory & Financial Regulatory).
- Shearman & Sterling Advises on Japan Nuclear Fuel Limited’s Investment in France’s New AREVA Holding
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Underwriters on Chi-Med’s US Initial Public Offering
- Skadden Adds Corporate Finance Partner Kenji Taneda in Tokyo
- Shearman & Sterling Advises on PT Cikarang Listrindo’s Indonesia IPO Offering
- Shearman & Sterling Expands China M&A Outbound Practice With Return of Li Chen