Shearman & Sterling represented Barclays Bank PLC, Morgan Stanley & Co. International plc, Merrill Lynch International, and ICBC International Securities Limited as initial purchasers in connection with the offering of US$200 million in aggregate principal amount of 13.00% senior notes due 2019 by Xinyuan Real Estate Co., Ltd. (“Xinyuan”). The senior notes are guaranteed by certain of Xinyuan’s subsidiaries and secured by a pledge of the capital stock of certain of Xinyuan’s subsidiaries.
Xinyuan (NYSE: XIN) is a developer of large scale, high quality residential real estate projects aimed at providing middle-income consumers with a comfortable and convenient community lifestyle. Xinyuan is the first real estate developer from China to be listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
The following Shearman & Sterling team advised the initial purchasers in the transaction: partner Kyungwon (Won) Lee (Hong Kong–Capital Markets), counsel Alan Yeung (Hong Kong–Capital Markets), and associates Vanina de Verneuil (Beijing–Capital Markets) and Wei Fang (Beijing–Asia Corporate).
The firm was also involved in the Reg. S offering of US$200 million 13.25% high yield senior notes by Xinyuan in May 2013 and the US$245 million initial public offering and New York Stock Exchange listing of ADSs of Xinyuan in December 2007.
- Shearman & Sterling Advises on PT Cikarang Listrindo’s Indonesia IPO Offering
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Underwriters on Chi-Med’s US Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk – Fantasia Holdings Group Co., Limited CNY600 Million High-Yield Notes Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Limited $100 Million High-Yield Senior Notes Offering
- Dentons Advises Bank of Sharjah on Establishment of Its EMTN Programme and US$500 Million Issuance