The Firm represented Goldman Sachs in the initial public offering and Rule 144A/Regulation S offering by Hua Hong Semiconductor Limited. Hua Hong sold an aggregate of 228,696,000 ordinary shares in the offering (before greenshoe) and raised gross proceeds of approximately HK$2,572.8 million (US$332.0 million). The ordinary shares of Hua Hong are listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange. Goldman Sachs acted as sole sponsor, sole global coordinator and sole bookrunner.
Hua Hong is a global, leading pure-play 200mm foundry headquartered in Shanghai, the PRC. It is the second largest pure-play 200mm foundry and the sixth largest pure-play foundry worldwide.
The Simpson Thacher team for the transaction included Chris Wong, Chris Lin, Marjory Ding, Asher Hsu, Heather Tsai and Grace Wong (Corporate); and Rob Holo, Jonathan Cantor and Michael Badain (Tax).
- Simpson Thacher – Ozner Water Completes Private Placement of HK$465 Million Convertible Bonds
- Simpson Thacher Represents Int’l Managers in ¥1.4T (US$11.6B) Concurrent IPOs of Japan Post
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Underwriters on Chi-Med’s US Initial Public Offering
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering
- Milbank Advises DBS Bank, Ltd. on the US$890M Senior Secured Financing Provided to STATS ChipPAC Ltd., a Leading Semiconductor and Manufacturing Company