The Firm is representing hiSoft Technology International Limited (“hiSoft”) in connection with its proposed merger with VanceInfo Technologies Inc. (“VanceInfo”). Under the terms of the merger agreement, the companies will be combined in a tax-free, all-stock merger of equals with a combined equity value of approximately US$875 million. VanceInfo and hiSoft shareholders will each own approximately 50% of the combined company. The combined company will continue to be traded on the NASDAQ as hiSoft shares.
hiSoft (NASDAQ: HSFT) is a leading China-based provider of outsourced information technology and research and development services headquartered in Dalian, China. VanceInfo (NYSE: VIT) is an IT service provider and one of the leading offshore software development companies in China.
The Simpson Thacher team for this transaction includes Kathryn King Sudol, Ian Ho and Justin Wong (M&A – Hong Kong); Doug Markel, Sara Schuman and Duan Fu (M&A – Beijing); Tristan Brown and Sarah Dale (Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits – Palo Alto); Katharine Moir and Dan Foster (Tax – Palo Alto); and David Vann and Étienne Renaudeau (Antitrust – London).
- Fangda Represents hiSoft Technology International Limited in its Proposed Merger with VanceInfo Technologies Inc.
- Shearman & Sterling Serves as US counsel to Buyer Group in Shanda’s US$2.3 Billion Going Private Transaction
- Shearman & Sterling Advises on Huawei’s Acquisition of Symantec Stake in Huawei Symantec Joint Venture
- O’Melveny & Myers LLP Represents Global Education in Acquisition by Pearson
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Cessna on Joint Venture Contracts with CAIGA Subsidiaries