Premium independent law firm Corrs Chambers Westgarth has appointed leading private equity expert Philip Kapp as a senior partner in its private equity practice.
Philip is widely renowned as one of Australia’s top private equity lawyers, having been involved in almost every major private equity transaction in the country since 2000. He is recognised as a one of Australia’s foremost practitioners in private equity by peer reviewed Best Lawyers and in international benchmarking publication PLC Which Lawyer?.
Philip joins Corrs this week as senior member of the Private Equity team based in Sydney. His appointment will bring further depth and experience to Corrs’ private equity practice.
Philip specialises in advising many of Australia and Asia-Pacific’s largest and most successful private equity fund managers. His practice includes a strong track record in advising on foreign investment into Australia. He has significant experience advising Australia’s largest public companies on M&A, corporate restructurings, joint ventures and capital raisings.
Prior to Corrs, Philip was a partner and Head of Private Equity at Clayton Utz. He has also established and led the national private equity practice of another top-tier law firm and was the founding and Managing Partner of a leading corporate law firm.
Corrs partner and CEO John W.H. Denton said, “Philip is one of the best private equity practitioners in the region. We are delighted to welcome him to Corrs. He will be an asset to the already well-established Corrs private equity practice.”
Philip is the seventh new partner appointed by Corrs this year, and the fourth major lateral hire.
- Corrs Adds Leading Planning and Development Partner to the Firm
- CORRS BUILDS RESTRUCTURING & INSOLVENCY CAPABILITY APPOINTING INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL RESTRUCTURING EXPERT
- Corrs Advises Magnitogorsk Iron & Steel Works on its A$554 Million Acquisition by Way of Scheme of Arrangement of Flinders Mines
- Corrs Advises on Whitehaven’s Takeover Bid for Coalworks
- Corrs Advises NEC on Acquisition of CSG’s Technology Solutions Business