Simpson Thacher recently represented J.P. Morgan in connection with concurrent Regulation S offerings by Wisdom Marine Lines Co., Limited (“Wisdom Marine”) of US$60 million Zero Coupon Convertible Bonds due 2018 (the “Bonds”) and 7,200,000 global depositary shares (the “GDSs”) representing 36,000,000 ordinary shares. Wisdom Marine is the largest publicly listed dry bulk shipowner in Taiwan by number of vessels, with a focus on handysize bulk carriers.
The ordinary shares of Wisdom Marine are traded on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under the trading code “2637”. The Bonds are listed on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Limited (“SGX-ST”). The GDSs are admitted for listing on the official list of the U.K. Listing Authority and for trading on the main market for listed securities of the London Stock Exchange under the symbol “WML” through the London Stock Exchange’s International Order Book. Wisdom Marine is the first company that is listed on the Taiwan Stock Exchange to have its securities listed and traded on the main market for listed securities of the London Stock Exchange.
The Simpson Thacher team for this transaction included Chris Lin and Asher Hsu (Corporate).
- Davis Polk Advises Orient Securities Company Limited on Its HK$6.8 Billion (US$876 million) Initial Public Offering
- Simpson Thacher – Yunfeng Financial Group to Acquire Majority Stake in MassMutual Asia
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Underwriters on Chi-Med’s US Initial Public Offering
- Freshfields has Advised Tianjin Infrastructure on Its Debut International Issuance of US$500m Senior Bonds
- Kennedys Legal Solutions Strengthens its Corporate Practice With Partner Hire