Simpson Thacher recently represented Korea Gas Corporation in connection with the update of its US$8 billion global medium term notes program and offering of US$500,000,000 3.500% Senior Notes due 2026 under the global medium term notes program. The offering was conducted in reliance upon Rule 144A and Regulation S under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended.
Korea Gas Corporation is a government-controlled distributor of natural gas in Korea. The notes are listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange. BNP Paribas, Hong Kong Branch, Citigroup Global Markets Limited, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited, J.P. Morgan Securities plc and UBS AG, Hong Kong Branch were the Joint Lead Managers for the offering.
The Simpson Thacher team included Youngjin Sohn, Johneth C. Park and John Hahn (Corporate – Seoul); Vanessa Grieve (Tax); George Wang and Abram Ellis (OFAC); and David Rubinsky (Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits).
- Simpson Thacher – Yunfeng Financial Group to Acquire Majority Stake in MassMutual Asia
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering
- Dentons Advises Bank of Sharjah on Establishment of Its EMTN Programme and US$500 Million Issuance
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on Largest Indonesian IPO in 2016 to Date