The Hong Kong office of the Firm recently represented Ta Chong Bank, Ltd. in its issuance of US$350 million 1.0% Convertible Senior Bonds (the “Bonds”) to an affiliate of the Carlyle Group. Ta Chong Bank is a leading full-service commercial bank and one of the most profitable private banks in Taiwan. Common shares of Ta Chong Bank are traded on the Taiwan Stock Exchange under the trading code “2847”. The Bonds are listed on the Singapore Stock Exchange.
The Simpson Thacher team for the transaction included Chris Lin and Heather Tsai(Corporate).
- Simpson Thacher – Ozner Water Completes Private Placement of HK$465 Million Convertible Bonds
- Simpson Thacher Represents Int’l Managers in ¥1.4T (US$11.6B) Concurrent IPOs of Japan Post
- Freshfields has Advised Tianjin Infrastructure on Its Debut International Issuance of US$500m Senior Bonds
- Milbank Acts on Successful Exchange Offer and New Issuance by the Government of Mongolia
- International law firm Vinson & Elkins LLP announced the opening of an office in Taipei, to serve the growing demand of the firm’s clientele in Taiwan and the Asia Pacific.