The Firm recently represented the initial purchasers in connection with the offering of US$3 billion of Senior Bonds in three tranches due 2015, 2017 and 2022 by Japan’s Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, guaranteed by the bank’s New York branch. The Senior Bonds were offered and sold in reliance on the exemption from SEC registration provided in Section 3(a)(2) of the Securities Act. Goldman Sachs & Co., Citigroup Global Markets Inc., Barclays Bank PLC, Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated and SMBC Nikko Capital Markets Limited were the Joint Lead Managers for the offering.
Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation is the principal banking subsidiary of Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group and one of Japan’s largest banking corporations.
The Simpson Thacher team for the offering included Alan Cannon, Taki Saito, David Snowden and Nirav Mehta (Capital Markets), Yui Hirohashi and Daniel Hulme (Summer Associates), Stacie McGinn (Bank Regulatory), Rob Holo and Adam Wells (Tax), and Jeanne Annarumma and Sarah Dale (Executive Compensation and Employee Benefits).
- Simpson Thacher Represents the Initial Purchasers in US$2 Billion Senior Debt Offerings by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Simpson Thacher Represents the Initial Purchasers in $1.5 Billion Subordinated Bonds Offering by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Simpson Thacher Represents the Initial Purchasers in $2 Billion Senior Bonds Offering by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Simpson Thacher Represents Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank in its US$650 Million Guaranteed Senior Notes Offering
- Simpson Thacher Represents Mizuho Financial Group in its US$1.5 Billion Subordinated Debt Offering