The Firm recently represented the underwriters in connection with the public offering of US$750 million of 1.4% Notes due 2017 by Japan’s Nippon Telegraph and Telephone Corporation. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated, Barclays Capital Inc. and Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC were the Joint Book-Running Managers for the offering.
NTT Group is Japan’s largest telecommunications group and operates one of the largest telephone networks in the world.
The Simpson Thacher team for the offering included Alan Cannon, Vincent Pace and Nirav Mehta (Capital Markets), Yui Hirohashi (Summer Associate), Rob Holo and Anthony Minervini (Tax) and Jennie Getsin (FINRA and Blue Sky).
- Simpson Thacher Represents the International Managers in $7.8 Billion Global Offering of Shares of Japan Tobacco Inc.
- Simpson Thacher Represents the Initial Purchasers in US$3 Billion Debt Offering by Takeda Pharmaceutical
- Simpson Thacher Represents the Initial Purchasers in a $1.3 Billion Offering by Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Company
- Simpson Thacher Represents the Initial Purchasers in US$2 Billion Senior Debt Offerings by Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
- Simpson Thacher Represents Underwriters in $1.5 Billion Offering of Medium-Term Notes by Nomura Holdings