Stamford Law advised leading China-based property developer Guangzhou R&F Properties Co., Ltd., which has H-shares listed on the Mainboard of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, in the RM4.50 billion acquisition from Sultan Ibrahim Johor – making this a record deal. Sultan Johor is the Vendor of approximately 116 acres of land in Johor Bahru, State of Johor, Malaysia, and this comprises of 4 plots of vacant freehold land and 2 plots of reclaimed freehold land for an aggregate consideration of RM4.50 billion, payable subject to certain conditions, in four instalments to be paid over a period of three years. Properties to be developed with an estimated saleable floor area of approximately 3.5 million square meters will include high-rise residential units, low-density housing, retail properties, offices, hotel and a shopping mall. The team was led by Mr. YAP Wai Ming.
- Dentons and Yulchon Advise the Korean Company GS Home Shopping on the Creation of a Shopping Channel Together with Rostelecom
- Freshfields Advises CITIC on US$4.8bn Sale of China Residential Assets
- Paul Hastings – China Life Acts as Lead Investor in GLP’s US$4.5 Billion U.S. Logistics Portfolio Acquisition
- Simpson Thacher Leads Alibaba’s New $4.6B Deal
- Davis Polk Advises Golden Wheel Tiandi Holdings Limited $100 Million High-Yield Senior Notes Offering