The Singapore office of Watson, Farley & Williams LLP (“WFW”) is pleased to announce that it has advised Brunei Gas Carriers Sdn Bhd (“BGC”) on the raising of US$170 million to fund the acquisition of one 155,000m3 newbuild LNG vessel. The vessel will be chartered under a long term charter to Brunei LNG Sdn Bhd. WFW also advised BGC on the shipbuilding contract, shipping services agreements and charter documents for the newbuild LNG vessel.
BGC, incorporated in Brunei Darussalam and a well-established LNG vessel owner, has arranged a long-term Islamic financing facility of up to US$170 million with a syndicate of financiers consisting of Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam Berhad, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ (Malaysia) Berhad, The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited and Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation Europe Limited. The facility is centered around an Istisna – Ijara structure.
The transaction was led by partner Chris Lowe who was assisted by associates Shawn Er and Dan Saunders and trainee solicitor Su Lin Khor.
Partner Chris Lowe said: “This transaction marks our continued involvement in the financing of BGC’s existing fleet. We were delighted to work with BGC again.”
- WFW Asia Practice Acts for Brunei Gas Carriers Sdn Bhd to Secure a US$83 Million Secured Islamic Finance Facility to Refinance the “Abadi”
- WFW Advises SapuraKencana Petroleum Berhad on the Debt Financing and Equity Placement for US$2.9 Billion Acquisition of Seadrill Tender Rigs Business
- WFW Asia Practice Advises Golar LNG Group on US$175m Facility for Financing of Indonesia’s First FSRU
- WFW Asia Practice Advises Golar LNG Energy Limited on Indonesia’s First FSRU
- WFW Asia Practice LLP Advises on High Profile KOGAS Project Financing Valued in Excess of US$356 Million