The Singapore office of Watson, Farley & Williams LLP (“WFW”) is pleased to announce that it advised Brunei Gas Carriers Sdn Bhd (“BGC”) on the raising of US$83 million to fund the refinancing of existing facilities for the LNG vessel called the “Abadi”. The WFW Singapore office also acted for BGC for the existing Abadi facilities.
BGC, incorporated in Brunei Darussalam and a well-established LNG vessel owner, has arranged a long-term Islamic financing facility of up to US$83 million with Bank Islam Brunei Darussalam Berhad. The above facility is centered around an Ijara structure and involved a transfer of the Abadi to a newly formed SPV of BGC.
The transaction was led by partner Chris Lowe who was assisted by associates Shawn Er and Dan Saunders.
Partner Chris Lowe said: “We were delighted to work with BGC again on this Shariah compliant refinancing of the Abadi which I believe is key to facilitating BGC’s long term supply commitments to its LNG customers”.
- WFW Asia Practice Acts for Brunei Gas Carriers Sdn Bhd on a US$170m Secured Islamic Finance Facility for Newbuild LNG Vessel Acquisition
- WFW Asia Practice Advises Precious Shipping Public Company Limited, Thailand on a US$106m Financing of Four New 57,000 dwt Supramaxes
- WFW Asia Practice Advises Golar LNG Group on US$175m Facility for Financing of Indonesia’s First FSRU
- WFW Asia Practice Advises Golar LNG Energy Limited on Indonesia’s First FSRU
- WFW Asia Practice Advises a Syndicate of Banks on a US$479,557,744 Loan Facility to First Ship Lease Trust to Refinance Its 25 Ship Fleet