Global law firm White & Case LLP has advised International Finance Corporation, a member of the World Bank Group, and the IFC Global Infrastructure Fund, a fund managed by the IFC Asset Management Company (AMC), as co-investors on an aggregate US$150 million equity investment in China Tian Lun Gas Holdings Limited.
China Tian Lun Gas is a Hong Kong-listed company engaged in the distribution of natural gas, operating through the transportation and sales of gas and gas pipeline connections in China. The equity investment will support expansion of the company’s natural gas distribution in China.
“We are pleased to have represented IFC, a long-standing client of White & Case, and AMC on their largest infrastructure equity investment in East Asia on a combined investment basis,” said Beijing-based White & Case partner David Li, who led the team which advised on the deal. “This also marks the first deal in the region by the IFC Global Infrastructure Fund.”
The White & Case team which advised on the transaction was led by partner David Li (Beijing) and included partners Julian Chung and Anthony Vasey (both Hong Kong) with support from counsel Natalie Cheng (Hong Kong) and associates June Chun (Beijing) and Lorraine Yip (Hong Kong).
- Andre Zhu Joins White & Case as a Partner in Beijing
- Orrick Continues to Grow China M&A and Private Equity Team
- DaHui Welcomes New Partners, Liu Tian and Patrick Gu
- Mayer Brown JSM expands global private equity and fund formation capabilities with arrival of Robert Woll in Hong Kong
- Reed Smith Expands Corporate Practice in Beijing