WilmerHale has advised PAION AG on a licensing agreement that was signed with Yichang Humanwell Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd, China, for Remimazolam, an innovative short-acting general anaesthetic/sedative. Under the terms of the agreement, Yichang receives an exclu-sive licence for the development, manufacture and commercialization of Remimazolam in the territory of the People’s Republic of China. PAION will receive a total of EUR 3 million in upfront payments, and could receive up to EUR 4 million in milestones. In addition, royalties of 10% have been agreed. The exact amount of future milestone payments eventually depends on Yichang’s development strategy for Remimazolam in China.
PAION AG is a biopharmaceutical company headquartered in Aachen. It is specialized in developing innovative drugs for the hospital-based treatment in indications for which there is a substantial unmet medical need.
- Paul Hastings Represents Dong-A Pharmaceutical on Strategic Collaboration Partnership with Meiji
- Paul, Weiss Advises KKR on Investment in Chinese Environmental Initiative
- VCCC Project PPP Financial Close a Milestone for Clayton Utz Projects and Finance Teams
- Clifford Chance Advises Mitsui on Further Acquisition of Water Management and Recycling Business in Mainland China
- Middletons Acts for Caraniche on Its Winning Bid to Become Sole Service Provider of Alcohol and Other Drug Programs for Victorian Prisons