International law firm Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer is advising Biostime International Holdings Limited (Biostime) as international and Hong Kong counsel on its leveraged acquisition of leading Australian vitamins and health supplements brand, Swisse Wellness (Swisse), from the founding family and members of management.
The acquisition signed on 17 September 2015 following a competitive sales process, and values Swisse at an enterprise value of more than AUD$1.6bn (approximately US$1.2bn).
Completion of the transaction is subject to regulatory approval in Australia and shareholder approval in Hong Kong.
Biostime is listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange and is one of China’s leading providers of paediatric nutritional and baby care products.
Founded in the 1960s, Swisse is one of the market leaders in Australia’s vitamins and health supplements sector.
The Freshfields team advising on the transaction is led by partner Simon Weller, with support from finance partner Daniel French.
- Freshfields Advises CITIC on US$4.8bn Sale of China Residential Assets
- Freshfields has Advised Tianjin Infrastructure on Its Debut International Issuance of US$500m Senior Bonds
- Shearman & Sterling Advises Underwriters on Chi-Med’s US Initial Public Offering
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Underwriters on US$168 Million Hong Kong IPO of China Education Provider
- Kirkland & Ellis Advises Ally Bridge Group on Privatization Offer for Hong Kong-listed Shandong Luoxin Pharmaceutical Group