International law firm Simmons & Simmons has hired James Coleman as corporate partner* in the Dubai office.
James has been in the Gulf region for over five years, working for other leading international law firms advising on public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, reorganisations, the establishment of investment funds and financial services regulation.
He has experience in private equity funds, working with investment managers, sovereign wealth funds, corporates, financial institutions and state-owned enterprises. James has been recognised as a leading lawyer for Qatar in IFLR 1000 2015 and ranked by Chambers Global 2015 for both Corporate and Investment Funds.
Andrew Wingfield, Regional Head for Simmons & Simmons in the Middle East commented “This is a very exciting time for the firm in the Middle East with the M&A market picking up and the opening up of markets such as Saudi Arabia with the new qualified foreign investor rules and Iran with the potential lifting of sanctions. We are very pleased that James is joining the firm and he will enhance our sector approach with his expertise in asset management and investment funds and will add a new dimension to the team in Dubai.”
Simmons & Simmons has expanded its Corporate & Commercial team in the Middle East, with four partner hires in the last two years.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Expands Middle East Offering With Saudi Launch and Projects and Corporate Practice Capability
- HFW Cements Middle East Presence With launch of Three New Associations
- Hogan Lovells Boosts Middle East Practice With Three new Partners
- Simmons & Simmons Expanding Asia Corporate & Commercial Practice
- Simmons & Simmons Expands Financial Markets Practice in Hong Kong