Pre-eminent commercial litigator Janet Whiting will join Gilbert + Tobin to lead the firm’s litigation practice in Melbourne.
Highly regarded for her strategic approach, Janet has extensive experience in the competition, corporate and regulatory areas. As a director throughout much of her professional career, Janet understands the issues business leaders face and has a reputation for achieving client focused commercial outcomes.
Prior to joining Gilbert + Tobin, Janet led the dispute litigation division of Corrs Chambers Westgarth in Melbourne.
Managing Partner, Danny Gilbert said, “I am delighted to welcome a lawyer of Janet’s calibre and experience to our firm. Her appointment reflects our success to date in establishing a first tier presence in Melbourne. Janet will add additional capacity to our leading litigation practices in Sydney and Perth and to our national litigation offering more generally.”
Janet will be the fourth high profile partner to join Gilbert + Tobin’s Melbourne office over coming months. Her appointment follows that of corporate partner Craig Semple, as well as finance and infrastructure partners Tony Holland and Damian McNair.
- G+T Advises on Billion Dollar Asian Private Equity Acquisition
- DLA Piper appoints leading M&A lawyer James Philips
- Gilbert + Tobin Advising Qube in $9.05 Billion Consortium Acquisition of Asciano
- Allen & Overy Adds Key Hire to its International IP Practice With China Appointment
- International Arbitration Partner Robert Pé Joins Gibson Dunn in Hong Kong