The Hong Kong office of global law firm K&L Gates has added Greg Heaton as a partner in its investment management practice.
With a focus on investment management and financial services regulation, Heaton advises investment managers as well as institutional trustees, custodians, and fund administrators on a broad range of fund formation, licensing, regulatory compliance, and securities law issues. He previously worked in the Hong Kong office of the law firm Deacons; with the Hong Kong Securities and Futures Commission, where he drafted legislative amendments and a code of conduct for the licensing of credit rating agencies; and at the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. Heaton is admitted to practice before both the High Court of Hong Kong and the Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia.
“Greg has exceptional experience in an industry fraught with complex regulatory issues and in a regional market where institutional investment funds are seeking access,” stated K&L Gates’ Managing Partner, Asia, David Tang. “Connecting with our leading global investment management practice, Greg is a welcome addition to the team in Hong Kong.”
- Mayer Brown JSM expands global private equity and fund formation capabilities with arrival of Robert Woll in Hong Kong
- K&L Gates Adds Corporate, Disputes Partners in Beijing, Hong Kong
- K&L Gates Bolsters Asia Practice with Addition of Corporate, Disputes Partners
- Morgan Lewis Continues Expansion in Hong Kong with Disputes, International Arbitration and Corporate Compliance Partner
- K&L Gates Bolsters Japan Corporate Practice with Tokyo Partner Addition