International law firm Stephenson Harwood has appointed Tom Platts as a partner in its corporate practice in Singapore. Tom’s previous experience includes working in Herbert Smith Freehills’ Singapore office. He has been based in Singapore for three years, having previously worked in London and Paris.
Tom has extensive experience in advising on South East Asian and UK M&A, corporate finance, private equity and general commercial advisory work. He has acted on a range of public takeovers, private M&A transactions and primary and secondary equity offerings.
Tom’s recent focus has been on emerging markets M&A, and in recent years, he has advised on a variety of matters in ASEAN, in particular Myanmar where he has advised a number of blue chip clients on their strategic investments in the country.
Martin Green, Stephenson Harwood’s Managing Partner in Singapore, said: “Tom’s practice will fit perfectly with the firm’s existing platform and we are delighted to have Tom on board. The firm has a strong presence in South East Asia, including Myanmar, and the expertise Tom brings will further boost our client offering.”
- BLP Opens Its First Office in Myanmar; Firm Appoints Partner Chris Hughes to Lead This Expansion
- Baker & McKenzie Strengthens its Projects Practice in Singapore and Asia Pacific
- Jane Ng Joins Stephenson Harwood as Partner in Hong Kong
- Stephenson Harwood Strengthens Practice in China
- Holman Fenwick Willan Grows International Construction Practice With Partner Hire