Appleby acted as Cayman Islands counsel to Dongpeng Holdings Company Limited (Dongpeng) in connection with its listing on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, with net proceeds of approximately HK$953.8 million.
Dongpeng will use the majority of the net proceeds for expanding and upgrading its production facilities, expanding its distribution network, setting up additional local sales management offices and opening of a new research and development centre.
The Appleby team was led by John Melia, a corporate & commercial partner in Appleby’s Hong Kong office, assisted by associates, Vincent Chan and Jo Lit. Chen & Associates and Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati advised the company as to Hong Kong and US law, while Simpson Thacher & Bartlett advised the underwriters as to Hong Kong and US law.
- Clyde & Co Adds Leading Corporate Lawyer
- Dentons Rodyk Strengthens Energy Resources & Infrastructure Practice and Its South East Asia Regional Practice With New Hire, John Dick
- Asia Arbitration boost – Hogan Lovells Hires James Kwan in Hong Kong
- Davis Polk Advises Yihai International Holding Ltd. on Its HK$858 Million (US$111 Million) Initial Public Offering
- Stephen Chan Joins Dechert’s Corporate Practice in Hong Kong