Herbert Smith Freehills is advising Citigroup Global Markets Australia Pty Limited and UBS AG, Australia Branch in relation to their role as joint lead managers and underwriters of Veda Group Limited’s (Veda) initial public offering (IPO) and listing on the Australian Securities Exchange.
Veda is a data analytics company and the leading provider of credit information and analysis in Australia and New Zealand. It is a portfolio company of leading Australian private equity firm, Pacific Equity Partners (PEP), who acquired the company as part of a consortium with Merrill Lynch Global Private Equity Fund in 2007. Following the offer, the PEP entities will retain a holding of 63.5% of the issued capital of Veda.
Veda was listed on the ASX on 5 December 2013 with a market capitalisation of A$1.05 billion (based on the offer price of A$1.25 per ordinary share).
The Herbert Smith Freehills team was led by Partner Philippa Stone and Executive Counsel Lauren Magraith, assisted by Solicitor John Blake.
Ms Stone said “The Veda IPO is another example of the increasingly resurgent IPO market we are seeing in the second half of 2013. Herbert Smith Freehills is delighted to have acted for Citi and UBS on this important transaction”.
Veda are being advised by Allen & Overy.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Pepper Group Limited on A$400m Whole Loan Sale of Residential Mortgage Portfolio
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Propertylink Advised on a Successful IPO, Raising A$503.5 Million
- Herbert Smith Freehills – Project Experts Advise Horizon Power On Off Grid Electricity Supply for Bushfire Affected Western Australia
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises on Largest Indonesian IPO in 2016 to Date