Leading international law firm Clifford Chance has advised Hokuetsu Kishu Paper Company, Ltd on its purchase of Financiere Bernard Dumas SAS and its subsidiary Bernard Dumas SAS, a French-based paper company specialising in the glass micro-fibre sheet business.
Tokyo partner Miho Mizuguchi, who led the deal said, “We were delighted to assist Hokuetsu Kishu Paper on this transaction. While there continues to be a strong focus on China, India and south east Asia, there are still some very attractive M&A opportunities in Europe for Japanese companies.”
Miho was assisted by counsel Landry Guesdon. The Paris team included partner Catherine Astor-Veyres, counsel Olivier Gaillard and senior associate Julien Brun.
Hokuetsu Kishu Paper is one of the major Japanese papermakers which focuses on printing paper, white paperboard, specialty paper and paper processing. Under its current mid-term management plan, Hokuetsu Kishu Paper aims to position itself to become a truly global company by 2020.
- Clifford Chance Advises MGPA on Purchase of Two Office Buildings in Tokyo
- Clifford Chance Advises ING on the Largest Issue of JPY Bonds in Japan
- Hogan Lovells Advises Neopost Japan on its Acquisition of the Hasler Division Business from Nisshinbo Postal Chemical
- Stamford Law is Advising Ocean Sky on the Proposed US$55 million Disposal of Its Apparel Operations to Luen Thai
- Clifford Chance Advises Ascott Reit on Japan Real Estate Acquisition