Paul Hastings, a leading global law firm, announced today that the firm advised Bank of Philippine Islands (“BPI”), a member of the Ayala Group and the third-largest lender by assets in the Philippines, on its US$555 million (P25 billion) stock rights offer. Goldman Sachs and J.P. Morgan acted as joint international bookrunners and underwriters, and Bank of Philippine Islands Capital Corporation acted as the sole global coordinator and lead manager, sole domestic manager and domestic bookrunner and underwriter.
The offering, which marks the largest capital markets transaction in BPI’s history, consisted of 370,370,370 common shares offered at the offer price of 67.50 Philippine pesos per rights share. Proceeds from the rights offer will be used to support the strategic growth initiatives of the bank.
- Herbert Smith Freehills Advises Joint Lead Managers on ANZ’s A$1b Offer of ANZ Capital Notes 5 and CPS3 Buy-Back Facility
- Paul Hastings Advises on Yihai International’s Hong Kong IPO Offering
- Kirkland & Ellis Advises Ally Bridge Group on Privatization Offer for Hong Kong-listed Shandong Luoxin Pharmaceutical Group
- Paul Hastings – China Life Acts as Lead Investor in GLP’s US$4.5 Billion U.S. Logistics Portfolio Acquisition
- Milbank Advises on Highly Successful Equity Capital Raising by Top Indian Metals and Mining Producer Hindalco